First United Methodist Church Vacation Bible School Registration
The First United Methodist Church, 118 W Jackson St in Morris, invites children of all ages to experience the ride of a lifetime with God at Rolling River Rampage Vacation Bible School! This whitewater rafting adventure includes exciting music, amazing science, creative crafts, fun games, and memorable Bible stories that will help children know God is always with them as they ride the rapids of life! The adventure runs from Monday, June 11 through Friday June 15 from 9-11:30 a.m. Registration is open for children in preschool through grade 5 on-line at www.cokesburyvbs.com/fumcmorris18. For information call the church office at 815-942-0809.
Healing Prayer Service
St. Mary Immaculate Parish, 1269 S. Rt. 59 in Plainfield, will be holding a healing prayer service Sunday, June 10 at 1:30 p.m. Join us in the church for a scripture reading and prayer, followed by the opportunity to receive the sacrament of the Anointing of the Sick which conveys special graces and strength of the Holy Spirit.
Living Water Church
Love a little, laugh a little. Come to Living Water Church, 118 E. Jefferson St. in Morris, for a fresh experience of Christ. Join us at 8:30 or 10:30 a.m. Sundays for services, or 9:30 a.m. for Sunday School (adults /teens/children).
Other opportunities to worship are:
• 7 p.m. Wednesdays for Bible study class, led by Pastor Cook.
• 7 p.m. Thursdays for prayer night, a silent time of worship in the sanctuary.
Peace Lutheran Church
• Free yoga class at 5:30 p.m. every Monday and Thursday night
Immaculate Conception Church, Morris
• The rosary is recited every Tuesday at church. All are welcome to join each and every week they are available to come. 1:30 p.m. Tuesdays
• The Stitchery Group meets each Wednesday in the Church Narthex. Bring your crocheting or knitting and join the group. 1 to 3 p.m. Wednesdays
• The PADS shelter at Immaculate Conception Parish is open through April. It provides a place to sleep, eat dinner and breakfast, as well as a sack lunch to go. If you would like to volunteer for our Parish please contact Joanne Morrall at 815-942-8389 or Kris Werden 815-942-5338. Opens at 7 p.m. every Thursday and Friday.
• Organizations from the parish help with preparation and serving of coffee and doughnuts after Mass one weekend each month in the Narthex of the Church. Stop by after Mass and visit while enjoying refreshments.
The Village Christian Church in Minooka
Located at 8965 S. Bell Road in Minooka, the Village is not your typical church. For example, we keep church pretty simple, and we don’t get caught up in a lot of rules and regulations. Instead, we allow scripture to be our guide and try to live our lives according to what the Bible outlines. It doesn’t matter what your history is, you are welcome here. It’s not easy to sum up all of who we are, but here are a few basics about us. We’re a non-denominational Christian church and followers of Jesus Christ. That means all backgrounds are welcome here, whether you’ve never been to church, haven’t been in a long time, or have been a part of a church all your life. We like to have fun and don’t think that church should be boring. You might even be a little surprised when you visit because we’re different than a lot of churches. You’ll have to stop by to find out more. Services are Thursdays at 6:30 p.m. and Sundays at 8:30, 9:30 and 11 a.m. Call 815-467-2265 or visit thevillagechristianchurch.com for more information.
Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary Roman Catholic Church
The church is located at 195 South Kankakee Street in Coal City. Reverend Robert Noesen presides over weekend masses Saturdays at 4 p.m. and Sundays at 7:30 and 11:15 a.m. Confessions are heard from 3:20 to 3:45 on Saturday. Daily Mass and Devotions: Monday – 8 a.m. rosary, communion service; Tuesday – 8 rosary, communion service at Immaculate Conception in Braidwood; Wednesday – 8 a.m., rosary, confessions, Mass, Our Lady of Perpetual Help Novena; Thursday – 8 a.m., rosary, Mass at Immaculate Conception; Friday – 8 a.m. rosary Mass at Assumption. First Friday of the month – 8 a.m. Rosary, Confession, Mass; First Saturday of the month – 8 a.m. rosary, Immaculate Conception Novena Mass with the distribution of the Sacrament of the Sick. Monthly Devotional prayers (Novena) to our Lord and His servant, Saint Peregrine, patron saint of those who suffer with cancer or any incurable disease or condition, Solemn Benediction of the Blessed Sacrament – First Tuesday of every month following the 6:30 p.m. Mass. Mother of the Eucharist Perpetual Adoration Chapel is across from the church at 195 South Kankakee Street. The chapel is a place of silent prayer in the presence of Jesus Christ, truly present in the Eucharist. The Eucharist is solemnly exposed for adoration 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Everyone is encouraged to stop in anytime, make regular visits and sign up for a specific time of adoration each week. Visit Stmaryassumptionparish.org for more information.