Multiple fire crews quickly extinguished a fire in a restroom at the Minooka Community High School Central Campus on Tuesday.
Shortly before 10 a.m., the Minooka Fire Protection District responded to the school for a report of a fire inside a restroom.
Following the fire, the MFPD and MPD began an investigation. That investigation has led to two students being charged and transported to River Valley Juvenile Detention Center and referred to Grundy County Juvenile Probation.
MCHS students and staff are safe and no further threat has been reported, according to a news release issued Wednesday by the school district.
Minooka Community High School remains committed to a safe learning environment for all students and staff safety, the release said.
“When a situation such as this arises, MCHS District #111 uses it to reiterate the safety and security of students and staff are top priorities for the district,” the release said. “As partners in education, we encourage parents to not only immediately share information with us should they become aware of this type of situation, but that they also encourage their children to do the same. By working together, we can maintain our focus on providing all students with an exceptional educational experience every day. Our Building Administration and members of Student Services are available should you or your child have questions or concerns.”